panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on December-11-2008
Question, why are you not willing to put here to help others? I will test my globe and put all the information here for others to build upon. It's your call and I'll respect that, just wondered?

I'm more then willing to help other people, it was just *him* that I am not interested in sharing with! And not just because he is local, but because of how he conducted himself while here.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-10-2008

It is expected by "all" image fusing programs that each full set of images all have matching f/stops, shutter speeds and ISO settings.

Regards, Smooth

? hhmmmm, should I open Photomatix and merge "fuse" the images with these settings I'm not going to get the results I need...it's the same exact image.
I bracket my shots to -2...0...+2 which in turn is giving me three different shutter speeds...Right?

No Pixel, you have misunderstood my information.

I'm talking (sets) so if you shoot a set of images these must retain the same settings (all the images that make up any one exposure set) and then the same for the next exposure set I.E: -2ev and +2ev and so on. Each image exposure set must be the same Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO etc.

I'm not a huge fan of Photomatix so it is not terribly relevant to that program and I should not have stated "all". I'm talking "other" fusing programs that also stitch.

But it is still relevant because you need each fused image to retain the same settings as the next (even after fusing).

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
A set being four images that make the scene? Four images being that of my setup...four 90 degree stops. 5D users will have a set of three images...Right?

Basically don't adjust the camera while rotating...?

Well I must ask, if your not a fan of Photomatix, what do you use?

This thread has totally spiraled out of control
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11

Smooth, you are correct... the shutter speed varies but the f/stop remaind fixed

The way I understand Bracketing EV is that it is a variation from the first "shutter speed".

So if your camera is set to the default bracket sequence  normal, under and overexposure

f/8 is fixed and shutter speed is

0.  1/100 sec normal
-2  1/400  underexposed
+2 1/25 overexposed

Wrong answer below.

The camera will automatically adjust the f/stop

Once you have manually established the scene requires f/8 at 125th second... the Exposure Value begins at f/8 and shoots the

initial normal exposure at f/8, underexposure will be 2 f/stops higher f/10,  then overexposed 2 f/stops lower at f/6.3.

initial f/stop f/11, underexposed 2 f/stops higher f/14, then overexposed 2 f/stops lower f/9.

So if your scene lighting estimate determines f/8  your EV bracketing will be different than f/11

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
A set being four images that make the scene? Four images being that of my setup...four 90 degree stops. 5D users will have a set of three images...Right?

Basically don't adjust the camera while rotating...?

Yes!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11

The other way to shoot manually, is to light meter sample (with camera shutter release pressed 1/2 down read the exposure value)  Add them all up/ for shutter speed and f/stop  and divide by the number of images in the series (I use 4 click stops on our Canon 5d, 350d, 20d) to acquire an AVERAGE Room values.  Then set the camera to manual and enter the average speed and aperature values.

Let me know when we are having fun !!! 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on December-11-2008

The way I understand Bracketing EV is that it is a variation from the first f/stop

The camera will automatically adjust the f/stop

Once you have manually established the scene requires f/8 at 125th second... the Exposure Value begins at f/8 and shoots the

initial normal exposure at f/8, underexposure will be 2 f/stops higher f/10,  then overexposed 2 f/stops lower at f/6.3.

initial f/stop f/11, underexposed 2 f/stops higher f/14, then overexposed 2 f/stops lower f/9.

So if your scene lighting estimate determines f/8  your EV bracketing will be different than f/11

No Dave,

It is the Shutter Speed only that is adjusted with Ev bracketing.

This is easily shown by reading the file data (Exif) in Photoshop with a bracketed set of images.

If it were the aperture changing with Ev you would effectively be changing the depth of field I.E: Focus depth.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11

Mind you, you can/could fuse a set of bracketed "depth of field" images to give greater image focus "near to far" as mentioned by many fusing programs.

Known as "Focus Stacking" fusing or "Focus Blend" fusing and this is very different to Exposure fusing.

See www.photoacute.com or many of the other fusing programs.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
yes you are correct see above
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-12-11
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-11-2008

See www.photoacute.com or many of the other fusing programs.

Regards, Smooth  

Dude, where do find this stuff ?

So this looks much better than Photomatix!  I just might have to give this a try.

Thanks Smooth!