panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-26
What I can tell you is that even the Ducati cards are not fast enough if you are shooting 9 brackets with the D300 so anything less would be a real pain in the rear. Remembering the D300 is capable of 8 frames per second with a battery grip.

OK, so if you are shooting interiors with no moving objects this isn't an issue. But when it comes to outdoors with traffic, people and clouds etc and is very much a factor.

Adding a basic .jpg to your shooting adds little weight to the total of the shoot and I would say the benefit to me at least is worth it. Look at it like this: You shoot multiple shots outdoors where object are moving. You don't want to have to process RAW files only to find the ones that are going to be useful for your panorama stitch. Better to quickly view the .jpgs take note of the file names and select these RAW files (only) for processing.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-26
I never gave thought to clouds moving....I can see how that could really freak out a pano stitcher. I guess those pics would have to be taken as quick as one can shoot, rotate the head, and shoot again....
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-07-26
Benders like PWBlend and Smartblend work wonders on things a lot of the time during the stitching process. But still movement poses new challenges and this comes back to speed and of course skill in Photoshop or the use of Alpha channels if overlap allows.

Regards, Smooth