panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Joined: 2002-11-23
Send Msg:
Posts: 5435
2010-08-08
#12

Further to this:

I have now run another 2 dozen stitching examples using images with perfect NPP, NPP slightly out and hand held (NPP out to buggery).

Panoweaver 7.0 Beta handles the images pretty well but again as soon as there is a repeating pattern it fails 95% of the time and the other 5% still has stitching errors. Seriously I have images that I have built perfect <0.00 templates for PTGui and even using totally automatic stitching it doesn't get worse than 3 pixels.

Still, the success rate in my tests has been 70%+ straight from a totally automatic stitch (sometimes standard algorithm, sometimes strong) I can't find a way of knowing what algorithm to use, it's just try one and then the other.

I found that Samyang 8mm APS-C/DX images can be pretty well successfully stitched with either Fullframe or Drum (you must set the crop circle to outer corner extremities) options at around 100.00 HFOV.

I also noticed Panoweaver 7.0 likes to have order in the image sets or it can throw up some really ugly results. It seems to require the rotation image set first and not the Nadir or Zenith shots. This is a pity because I have a habit of shooting the Nadir first, before I tread all over the surface.

Regards, Smooth [8D]


Alternate Text
Joined: 2007-02-06
Send Msg:
Posts: 178
2010-08-09
#13

Hi Smooth & Dominique,

Would you please send me links for downloading your source images? I will ask our programer to test them and find out the solution as soon as possible. Thank you very much.


Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Joined: 2002-11-23
Send Msg:
Posts: 5435
2010-08-09
#14

Joe,

I have sent you a set of images via email.

Please let me know that you receive them. I attempted to send via www.filesend.net but their system keeps failing after the upload. Last time I sent via www.yousendit.com but Genseng said you in China couldn't retrieve the files. Carol once told me you cannot access my www.smooth360.com site. So, this makes delivery hard.

Regards, Smooth [8D]


Alternate Text
Joined: 2009-08-19
Send Msg:
Posts: 285
2010-08-09
#15

Joe,

same for me, I sent a pointer to www.filesend.net, where I've uploaded a ZIP file.

Regards,
Dominique


Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Joined: 2007-02-06
Send Msg:
Posts: 178
2010-08-10
#16

Hi Smooth & Dominique,

Thank you so much for your help. I've received your images.

We have tested images from Smooth, and PW 7 can do much better in auto stitching after making a few changes to the algorithm. Those from Dominique are still under testing. I'll send you emails after everything is settled. Than kyou again.


Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Joined: 2009-08-19
Send Msg:
Posts: 285
2010-08-10
#17

Hi Joe,

you are welcome.

Regards, Dominique


Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)
Alternate Text
Joined: 2010-06-22
Send Msg:
Posts: 11
2010-08-10
#18

Hi Dominique,

I see in your pictures that you use the Nodal  Ninja 3 MKII with built in R-DL3 leveler. Are you happy with it?

I have a question concening this pano head. Does it allow to set the orientation of the first shoot easyly without the need to move the tripod or rotate the center column of my tripod. I had a look at Nodal Ninja website. They say that it is possible but I don't see any realease braket to do so. Can you explain how it works?

Today I use the Manfrotto 303Plus head which is very heavy and not suitable for traveling, I will never be able to get into an airplane with such a weapon in my bag !!! I'm looking at Ninja or 360 Precision. I found very bad comments about 360 Precision so I don't know. Anyway, 360 Precision is too expensive.

Kind regards,

Laurent

 


Alternate Text
Joined: 2002-11-23
Send Msg:
Posts: 5435
2010-08-10
#19

Totally forget 360Precision the customer service is hopeless as you will read all over the Internet.

I use the NN3 R-D3L combo on one of my systems and it is very good. But the question you are asking is, Does it have a free wheel turn like the Manfrotto 300N rotator? The answer is no! and it also is lacking a lock.

I would suggest you keep your 300N rotator and sell on the rest of the Manfrotto Panohead. You can mount a NN3 on top of your 300N via the use of an adapter. All you need is a 3/8" Female to 1/4" Female or 3/8" Female to M6? (Maybe that's M4?) Female adapter. Because the NN3 uses a socket head Allen bolt (Hex Screw).

Sometimes the best solutions are custom and doing this simple configuration will certainly save you a heap of cash and give you the results you require.

Regards, Smooth [8D]