panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-01

White Flashing On Tourweaver 2

Hi I have just completed my first V/T with Tourweaver 2 but when I published the tour I get white flashing I did not get it on the preview,so I cleared everthing and started again now I get it even on Preview.Can anyone give me any help please.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-02

Welcome to the forum Larky.

Gee.. have not heard about white flashing before.  Don't know enough about your issue

We need the usual information

Your :

Tourweaver version number

Computer O/s and particulars

Your URL with flashing content so we can see

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-02

Hi Dave

New to all this not sure about url is that the file itself the published one and if so how do I send it to you.Tourweaver 2 Standard Edition,my O/S is XP media Service pack 2 Intel 2 core cpu T550 @1.66GHz.Sorry I am a total novice to all this but we all have to start somewhere.Thanks for any help.

Cheers Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-02

Hi Dave

A bit more info Tourweaver 2 version 070402 and I am using photowarp 2.5.5.1 Eyesee360  one shot Vr Lens.Panasonic FZ50 Camera,hope this helps

Cheers Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-02

Hi Dave

Sorry all the different post but just trying different things I have just tried the same files on Tourweaver 1.3 trail version and had none of the white flashing no jittering just perfect tour so I have asked Eyesee help desk if I can change to Tourweaver 1.3 waiting a reply,I dont know if I can copy a file over from tourweaver 1.3 that might do the fix any help.

Cheers Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-02

Hey Steve,

I get the same flashing white poping thing as well. It drives me nutz and I get it on all of my touweaver 2.0 panos. I have looked at the same tours on systems running older versions of java with lower resoulution monitors and they did not diplay the same white flashing. The flashing and poping only happen when the tour is being rotated not when it is stoped or stationary.

I dont know if its tourweavers buggyness with the newer version of Java or some kind of display difficulty with various resoultion of monitors. I have a dell 20.2  ultrasharp 1600X1200 LCD run at 32bit & an Nvidia 6800gt running on Windows XP. I have the latest version of Tourweaver 2.0 (AKA buggy as I affectionately call it). I have yet to find a fix and I seriously doubt there will be one. If you find something that works I would love to hear about it.

Steve check out my tour and see if you see the same white flashing.

http://hometour360network.com/provider/powerbott/test/vt_wiseguy.html

Best of luck to you.

AzPowers

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-03

Thanks Az,

I am looking at it using

WinXPsp2, 2gb ram, Samsung 226bw, Sun Java Standard 6, ver 1.6.0 build 1.6.0_b1_b06.

I do not see ANY flashing while rotating or stopped.

Steve, Being able to see your work on your website (URL please) would help decide if it was the software or is it only your computer.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-03
Guys,  I just looked at the tour that Az has a link to.  Is the shimmering effect around the highly sharpened edges what you are reffering to as the white flashing? If it is I have not had this issue with tw2.0, I have seen this shimmering effect in all the flash panos so far and is why I will not switch from java at this point.
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-03

I looked at it and it was fine. Until I tried fullscreen and then I got nothing but grey and couldn't see any images and the right click menu didn't work. So I just closed it down.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-03

Hi Az

Yes that is the same as I get Eyesee sent my a Java file to replace the one on T/w 2 but when I replaced It could not view anything so its back to the drawing board,Dave not sure how to send the url have not got a web site yet,but after looking at Az Tour its the same problem I have.

Cheers Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-03

Hey RTFM,

love the name (I worked in the consumer electronics biz for years).

As far as the white flashing it much more then edge banding, its actually like part of the image goes white for a brief second, like the lower 1/4or the top 1/4 of the image. It doesnt do it on all machines as noted by other viewers of the tours but on my system and Steves. I dont know if its some kind of resoulution thing, a java thing or something else. I did see the same effect on a computer at work but a smaller screen lcd system up there did not have the flashing problem. Do those of you that are viewing have the latest version of Java installed? 6.2 I believe.

Thanks

AzPowers