panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-30

Resolution Java Applet V/s Flash VR

Hi
I have used same res images and made 1 projects with output as -Java Applet and Flash VR files:
The quality of images as viewed in Scene Viewer of  Flash VR are much better than Java Applet but the time taken to download the image is double to that of Java Applet output.
Can any one highlight why the quality of image is poor with Java Applet ?
The diagonal line in the images are more jiggered in Java Applet as compared to Flash VR.
Sample can be seen on:
1> VT made with output as Java Applet
http://www.tour.easy2view.com.au/ID/001/

2> VT made with output with Flash VR
 http://www.tour.easy2view.com.au/ID/003/

Compair the arc & the roof lines...

Regards
Dev
easy2view.com.au

Dev
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-31

You will soon discover that preparing images for optimal display in Java and Flash are two different things. Even the version of Java has an effect.

Be sure to size the images for exact fit to the viewer "if" you are restricting full screen options.

Also understand that Tourweaver Java does the image compression and yours are over compressed. With flash you get to swap out the images with correctly optimized images. It is a real pity we still don't have proper control over the image compression with the java version. 

I looked at both your tours and really it's not that bad. But you are right there is a difference.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-31

Smooth said:
"Be sure to size the images for exact fit to the viewer "if" you are restricting full screen options."

Hi, Smooth! Hasnt it to be 2 and a half times the size of the viewer?

Happy New Year

Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-31
Quote: Originally posted by mskp on December-31-2007

Hi, Smooth! Hasnt it to be 2 and a half times the size of the viewer?

Happy New Year

Martin

Happy New Year to you also Martin.

That would apply for panorama images but this tour only contains one panorama all the rest are still shots.

There would be no reason not to have the stills 2 and Half times the window viewer so long as the aspect ratio of the viewer and the still image are the same. What you are trying to do is maximise download speed and retain the best possible image display.

That being the case, say you wanted full screen to be 1024x768 (4:3 aspect) then this would be the aspect ratio best suited to the viewer window. 512x384 would most likely be the size of the viewing window. Making the panorama image 2 1/2 time that 2560x1280 for full screen (as the minimum) for the panorama image.

I don't see any reason (unless you wish to allow zoom) for a "still" image to be larger than the screen resolution you target. It may be best and hedge your bets and go for 1280x960 for your still images. Of course you could apply this to the widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio also.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-12-31

Just sitting here waiting for our New Years Eve to arrive.. and realized... James and company.. have moved into the new year.

Happy New Year !!!  Wow how time flys when you are having fun !!!!

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-01

You would almost be there in Texas also.

Happy New Year Dave.

We made through another one!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-01

Hi Smooth,
Happy and a Prosperous new Year...
Thanks for the valuable feedback, Will use image of exact fit & will remove the full screen buttom from the interface :

Question 1:
BUT how do i disable the menu that pops up when i right click on the TOUR
>Quality
>Full Screen
>Scene Liat
>Movie List
>Map List
I need to remove "Full Screen" from the menu.

Question 2:
In PhotoShop, the image need to be saved is at which resoloution72 or 96?
Assuming my Sceen Viewer is X by Y pixel.
I set the size of the image as Xby Y pixel then, the DIP is to be set to 72 or 96.
Regards
Dev

Dev
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-02

Hi Dev,

You just disable fullscreen if it is no required when you are in the Publish Setting options screen tabs.

I would suggest for best display you save for 96 DPI as this will cover whatever the viewers screen resolution is set at. You should consider doing your own tests to prove it to yourself.

Regards, Smooth