panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29

How to publish to webpage?

Hi, I am new to all this so be gentle with me.

I have just bought and installed Tourweaver3 and I am getting along fine with it.

I have made my first 'tour' and wish to put it on my webpage. I published my efforts to a file on my computer. So now I have a large file with lots in it: :-Scene folder, Sounds folder, autorun.inf etc etc  But what do I do with it all?  I know how to ftp files to my server. But which files do I send? All of them? What do I link to to see the tour?

So basically I have all these new files and I dont know what to do with them. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29

You must upload all the output files to your server keeping the same file structure.

You can view the tour via either of the (2) HTML files. One has the code to "pop" a sized window and this page also shows the code you would need if you wished to place the "hyperlink" in another web page.

The second page is the actual tour page. You may just like to make a hyperlink to the page from any other web page you choose. This option though will show a complete full page (not sized to suit the parameters of the Tourweaver tour).

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29

"You can view the tour via either of the (2) HTML files"

so I can link to either of these two(?) files :

Tourweaver_Project_6.html

or

Flashversion.html

or

Expressinstall.html

and the tour will just pop up?  (after uploading the lot the the server obviously first)

So this is what I intend to do, please tell me if I miss anything. Create a folder on my server and lets call it 'tour' then upload all the files in my published folder on my computer. Then link to one of the .html files mentioned above and the tour should work?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29

Yes, link to Tourweaver_Project_6.html

So the hyperlink will be www.yourwebsite.com/tours/Tourweaver_Project_6.html

That will get you started. Post a URL when your ready and explain what you would ultimately like to do and we will help you along the way.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29
Thanks very much. Will let you know how I get on. :)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-29
Just tried it. Worked well. Thanks for all your help, its appreciated.:)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-20
Ok, but if I want to upload multiple tour. Example: a real estate site wants to put a v-tour to each different property do you upload everything in the same folder? how do you sugest to organize this.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-08-20
Generally you would post each v-tour in a separate folder on your site then use a Web program such as "web Expressions", Dreamweaver to design the main page for your site.

Generally this file is named "index.htm or index.html". That page would have the pictures to the each of the v-tours hyper linked to the individual tours.

If you are not a web programmer there are several pre-designed pages you can download and change to meet your needs such as the following:

Web design help
Another site for web design
Lastly incrediflash_web design
Have fun
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy