panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-16

would you pay for this...?

Hi all

For those of you who do VT's for a living (as opposed to us who haven't got that far yet and are still practising!!), tell me what you think to my latest work, shot last Friday................

http://tinyurl.com/62aqbr

How much would you charge for a 10-scene pano + stills, etc?

If you wouldn't pay for it, why not? (i.e. - what's wrong with it!!). The panos are only 250kb for speed of download - so in full-screen, they're quite pixelated. Not bad in skin size tho'.

Is there a liimit to the physical size of the skni? Any reason why the skin templates aren't larger?

cheers
Stu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-17

Welcome Stu,

Might be better to bring ALL 5 raw images into Adobe camera RAW converter and  white balance correct all 5 in batch [select ALL] then make your changes.  You can adjust the exposure there too along with fixing the chromatic abberation and vignetting.  THEN save all 4 of them out on a single click 'save'.   CS3 On the ACR 4.4.1 LENS tab for the Sigma 8mm Chromatic abberation and Vignetting  I use these values

-44, +13, ALL, +100, +12.

Buying a new pan head might be done later, but first I would make sure you have the exact 'no parallax point'.   Then I would rotate the lens UP at 90  [not 60]  and shoot straight up on the 4th clickstop marker.

After stitching an equirectangular image... In panoweaver 5 suggest trying to convert it to a cube.  That flattens the image [makes curved lines straight] save it as a cube - then open this cubed one in photoshop.  zoom in to the zenith and nadir areas look and repair those small stitch issues.  Then convert cubed back to equirectangular image.

How to deal with the lighting is interesting.  In photoshop try using

image | adjustment | shadow/ highlight tool.  What this tool does is it evaluates and locks in the highlights [ceiling wall lights] and then gives you  an opportunity to brighten the shadows with out blowing out the highlights. 

Example,  beach, persons face in foreground - camera exposes for the bright sandy beach area behind the persons face.  Result is properly exposed background sandy beach area  and persons face is dark shadowed.  Shadow highlight freezes the beach exposure and allows you to brighten the persons face.

I think centering the TW block is more of an html page code function.

I revisited your TW page and right mouse clicked "View Source"

There I found the html code that is placing your TW in the upper left corner.  The body code is saying that the margins are around the TW block are all 0  or at 0 pixels.  So left and top margin are a tight fit at the monitors edges.

<body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0" bottomMargin="0">

Im no html expert, and maybe someone else knows a better way but you can try replacing that code snippet with

<body topMargin="0">
<center>

Just a few thoughts 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-18
Nice panos Stu, but i think your UI def needs some work for commercial viability, but I suppose it depends on what your integrating it into etc.

Dave as ever a fountain of knowledge!.. oh btw Dave back in Madrid in a few weeks.. would be nice to catch up again! lol!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-18
Ok,  now I know who RuddersUK is.  Yes certainly when you want to talk.. hollar.
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-24
Quote: Originally posted by RuddersUK on July-18-2008
Nice panos Stu, but i think your UI def needs some work for commercial viability, but I suppose it depends on what your integrating it into etc.

Dave as ever a fountain of knowledge!.. oh btw Dave back in Madrid in a few weeks.. would be nice to catch up again! lol!

Hi Rudders - forgive me, but what is "UI"....?

I've altered the highlights in CS2 thanks Dave for the help. And I've changed the script to centre the CT. It centres on my machine at home, but not my one at work......
This is only a test, and not got the time to start at the beginning to re-do the panos from scratch so for now, as an excersie point of view, will stick with the PTGui mis-alignments mentioned. What do you now think?
cheers all

Stu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-24
Quote: Originally posted by RuddersUK on July-18-2008

Hi Rudders - forgive me, but what is "UI"....?

I've altered the highlights in CS2 thanks Dave for the help. And I've changed the script to centre the CT. It centres on my machine at home, but not my one at work......here's the 2nd attempt:

http://www.threesixtytours.co.uk/colmore_plaza/360imagery_colmore_plaza.html

This is only a test, and not got the time to start at the beginning to re-do the panos from scratch so for now, as an excersie point of view, will stick with the PTGui mis-alignments mentioned. What do you now think?
cheers all

Stu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-24
Quote: Originally posted by stalwart on July-24-2008

- forgive me, but what is "UI"....?

UI = User Interface. I.E: PTGui = Pano Tools Graphic User Interface. Pronounced PT Gooey

The GUI of software is the pretty stuff you see on your screen masking the real DOS code hiding behind. In most cases called a front end and making the software user friendly. At least a whole lot friendlier than DOS.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-24
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on July-24-2008
Quote: Originally posted by stalwart on July-24-2008

- forgive me, but what is "UI"....?

UI = User Interface. I.E: PTGui = Pano Tools Graphic User Interface. Pronounced PT Gooey

The GUI of software is the pretty stuff you see on your screen masking the real DOS code hiding behind. In most cases called a front end and making the software user friendly. At least a whole lot friendlier than DOS.

Regards, Smooth

hi Smooth

thanks. I knew PTGui stands for Pano Tools Graffic User Interface - so now know what UI means...........thanks

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-28

Dave,

Is there documentation available that backs up the increased bookings with VT's. I would like to use that info in my marketing.

Thanks,
TTurner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-16

Nice work Stu! I think the panos being only 250kb are very good I normally have found that they need to be about 350kb to still keep a reasonable resolution but I use a one-shot so thats probably the reason.

Price wise I am in Spain so I cannot comment on your local market. But its certainly saleable.

I find the skin size of 800x600 pretty much fills the screen so I see no need for larger.

Apartment rentals Nerja

Villa rentals Nerja

Accommodation Nerja

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-07-16
The question is mainly a market issue rather than a quality issue :

What is the number of VR agencies in the areas (locally or/and London based which can travel), what are they charging for vr and since your example seems to deal with commercial real estate which might be better paid than regular real estate (field in which some pano photograher won't even invest time since it's not well paid at all by real estates agencies for example) it might be more rewarding.

The bottom line is how much do you charge considering the time and equipment involved, competition and the willingness of the customers to pay correctly the work.

thierry