panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09

Hi Jenny,

I appreciate you comments and communicating with us on this forum.  We are all here to do the best job possible and we ALL want TW4 to be better then TW3.  As many people have stated there is a problem with the quality of the TW4 viewer.  You very nicly tried to show us an example of the new TW4 vs TW3.  But I can still very clearly see that TW4 viewer is not as good as TW3.  For what ever reason.  Maybe this can/will not be fixed, but if you look at the ceiling you can see that the straight lines in TW4 are not as good as TW3.  This is your example so I am only commenting on what I see.  I can definatly see an improvement from earier TW4 releases and the quality is not bad, but it is still not as good as TW3. 

Can you tell us if this is the final word on the matter, or if EP will be working on this issue.  Because from you last post it seemed that EP has fixed this problem and therefore this is a dead issue. 

I am at work now so I can not post the side by side example, but I will do so when I get home tonight.  Thanks for keeping open this line of communication as it goes to making TW a better product for everyone.

DaMan

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09

Hi Jenny,

By that logic, then way in the three example tours that you put on your website for TW 4, do you use screen viewers greater than 800x600?  I like those skins and want to use similar...  Why does the program even adjust the quality?  I don't understand.

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09
Jenny,

I tried the samples on 3 computers and the image quality is the same.
The difference is in the on the pano movement. The tw3 advances smoother and in tw4 is jumpy and is perfectly noticeable.

I asked to a five different persons and also they find that the quality of TW3 is superior.

Raul

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09
Jenny, thanks for fixing the "up & down" button issue. I do agree with "DaMan", if you look at the ceiling you can plainly see the quality difference.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09
Just thought I would put two vt examples up for viewing, one with TW3 and the other with TW4. The tour files sizes and settings are exactly the same.

TW3 example

TW4 example

In my opinion the viewer in TW4 is more jerky than TW3.
There also seems to be more delay in scene loading in TW4.

(TW4) When you click on a still the tour stops! Not sure whether this is a good or bad thing, is it an intended feature in this version? I suppose you can't view the tour if a pop up window is in front of the viewer.

I like many love some of the new features in TW4, but I will not use it for my tours at present until at least the viewer is improved.

Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-09
Nice tour Paul, it is very clear that TW3 is superior to TW4 as far as the viewer goes.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-10
Hi Paul appart from the loading process, I did notice that the tour you made with TW4 just like the examples given by Jenny tend to run not as smooth as TW3.

Jenny, concerning the examples you gave, quality wise it's seem ok but the TW4 seems more jerkier than TW3 when being played side by side on the same browser. Any possibility to improve it ?

thanks

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-10

Hi Raul, Paul, Jerry, Thierry and all friends,

Thanks for your information.

Many of you mentioned TW4 viewer is more jerky than TW3. I have some questions, and I hope you may help us find the cause to improve the viewer quality.

1. The viewer was updated on verion 4.00.080905, if you tested the issue with your own samples, may I know which version of the software did you use for the issue mentioned above?

2. When do you find it's more jerky, drag the image with mouse or click the button to auto rotate?

3. What's scene speed value that you use most for auto rotating?

We will keep trying to improve the viewer quality.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Carol
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-10

Here's a tour using a skin from your TW 4 Gallery:

www.360digitalpics.com/idx1621978/360D_idx1621978.html

Now, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying I shouldn't use such a large screen viewer.  Ok, but why are 2 of the 3 Gallery examples using large screen viewers in the TW 4 Gallery?

I don't know all the technical terms, with regards to Flash technology, but it appears to me that the scence viewer refresh rate on the larger viewers just isn't fast enough to smooth out the image as the viewer rotates - this may simply be a limitation of the Flash technology.

I like the above skin.  Is there a way to limit its size when publised, without having to recreate everything?  I'm still not sure how use the "Set Percentage" feature, but I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks for working on this,

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-10

Hi!

Why not just keep the original viewer from TW3.0 in version 4.0 when so many complain about it? Is there any technical reason to have it changed?
I still observe a jerky and erratic movement while panning. I have just tested it.

Regards, Martin