panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-06

Thanks for all the great input, hopefully we can get a better viewer.

Smooth, I am not satisfied with the overall viewer quality. For example the jumping lines and the "sparkles" or "twinkes" as I call them, especially on exterior shots. I did not do any sharpening at all on any of the images just for this test. As you can see many others are not satisfied as well. I contacted Support and they acknowledged the problem and said an updated viewer was due in December, but no viewer. If I've said once I've said it a hundred times, I love the program but not the viewer. Granted it did improve some on the last update but not enough for me to sell.

Masayuki, I think the buttons you refer to was because the action I chose was to have the right and left rotate buttons be previous and next scenes.
Now, as for the "Walk-through quality is not fixed yet" I don't understand what you are referring to and the "algorithm" part, my friend that just went over my head and I didn't even see it.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-07

So your problem with the viewer is when it is auto rotating ONLY?

How is it for you when stationary or when you manually drag it?

All Flash viewers have some issues between static and moving. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending it I'm just trying to find out where the actual problem lies.

Programs such as Pano2VR offer sliders to control different aspects of the viewer (Frame Rate, Render Quality, Reduce Quality while Panning etc). Flashpanoramas offers a similar thing but is written code within the XML file. Easypano Tourweaver doesn't offer this function and is "attempting" to find a setting that everybody thinks is acceptable.

The viewer within Tourweaver 4 is based on later code from Adobe (Flash 9/10) where as Tourweaver 3's viewer was based on Flash 8 and gave the wavy lines also it is Action Script 2 vs AS3 in the newer release (basically a new language). Also the Interpolater must come into play and I have no idea which Interpolater Easypano is using? Anti Aliasing is also an issue (but not selectable for us). To get the most from Tourweaver 4 you must have Flash 10 installed and really so will all your customers.

You might find speeding up (or down) your auto-rotation will improve the viewing somewhat. Even better results if you simply don't use the auto-rotation. But I understand people like the whole auto tour feature and this is part the reason why Tourweaver exists.

For me the viewer is fine until it is placed in "auto-rotate" or "Auto Tour" mode. Once in these modes the quality is poor. Under simple drag panning it is not too bad and static is 100% fine.

Simply Easypano need to add the slider controls or hurry up and find a better "sweet spot" so people will be willing to use the current viewer and version of Tourweaver.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-07

Hi, Smooth!
Finally I got the answer to a question I have made so many times: why they changed the viewer from TW3 to TW4, if so many complain about?
Now I know ("understand") why.

Thanks, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-07
Smooth, my issue is while the viewer is rotating, manually and auto, it is fine while stationary. I have the very latest flash player however there is no way to insure that everyone viewing will have flash 10.
Thanks for the update. I just hope they can fix it soon........
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-07
Jerry,

I went through this very thing when doing my last tour with the AIRPLANE

Guess it just got overlooked being in the Gallery instead of the Tourweaver thread.

The tour you posted looks fine with image quality. However, it does look pretty bad when rotating. The tour you posted is also loading up in full screen. Please read through my airplane tour link and you will find by sizing down the scene viewer will correct this "jiggle" "wavy" "pixelating" "jaggedness" what ever the term issue.

I'll check back later to see what you think of the down sized scene viewer.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-07
Thanks Matt. I have tried the down sized viewer which does help considerably. However the problem is if the agent wants a larger viewer or if the person viewing goes full screen then my work will look like crap! They will not understand that it's Easypano's problem. They will just think that I put out crappy work.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-08
Matt, here is a link to a downsized tour. I did do some sharpening on this one but very little.

http://realty360tours.com/pro_tour/tuscany/tuscany/TourWeaver_tuscany.html

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-08
First things first, very cool image for the skin! How did you do that?

For the tour you are still getting the jaggedness, flickering pretty bad. What was your final size of the pano images?

On my airplane tour I stitched at 4000 x 2000 and sized it down to 2500 x 1250 with a file size of about 1.6 MB

The scene viewer was sized to 670 x 400

I'm still testing different sizes of the scene viewer as well as image size to come up with the best outcome. I'll keep you posted with my findings.

My personal opinion is that the sharpening has nothing to do with our discussion on the jaggedness, flickering issue.

Hope this helps.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-09
Thanks Matt. I made the skin in PS CS4. The technique is from Kelby training. the instructor was using PS CS3. I'll work on a quick tutorial showing how to make it and post it under "exchange skin" I'll name it "How it make scatter background skin".
I am stitching at 5000x2500, I leave at this size but downsize the file to 1MB. Do you think I should downsize the image as well to maybe 2500x1250? Do you think this it the problem? I'm concerned with the quality at full screen and full browser should I decide to use that feature. I do all my resizing in KissMyImage as the very last step after converting to Jpg from Tiff. The viewer is 477x325 for no particular reason, just the way it worked out. The skin background is 900x598.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-03-09
Jerry,

I would certainly think that sizing the image down from 5000 x 2500 to a smaller size would help. That is however just my opinion and would welcome others to join in here. I would also recommend increasing the target size from 1mb to somewhere between 1.5 & 1.8. I know there are many that say you have to keep the dial up users in mind when doing tours. You can easily after getting the tour where you like it downsize it and save it for the dial up folks at around 700k. Just be sure to give a link to dial up and broadband.

Try downsizing your image and use a scene viewer of about 670 x 400 and share your results. We will cross the bridge to the full screen issue after resolving normal viewer size...

Thanks for the photoshop turtorial, very nicely done!