panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-09

tours on mobile device

I now got the chance to check a couple of mobile device of tours made with Tourweaver.
Testing page:
http://www.netzserver2.de/vtours/weigel/

Results:
iDevice: OK, iphone has much too small controls but basicly works. iPad much better.

Android 2.2 on my HTC phone
No way !!! nothing to display

Android 2.3 on Galaxy Phone:
Starts the HTML5 version and "crashes" with display the single cubes

Android 3.1 (Acer Iconia)
Nothing is displayed - blank screen

All tests where done in a showromm in Panama- so it may bee that there was/is a limitation I dont know.
But I expected much more to be displayed at all.
At least Android 3.x should display the panos as Flash-versions.

Why the Galaxy is identified as a HTML5 device I dont know- that truely is wrong to.

Sibce I want to buy a tablet for myself (the iPad belongs to my wife) and I hate the Aplle restrictions- I want to get an Android tablet.
But for now Im totally shocked that no one displaye my tours properly.

Even my Pano2VR- panos didnt display.

Did I miss something ?????

Ciao
Mike

ciao

mike
360de.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-10

Wow the tour plays on my Samsung Infuse ver 2.2.1 FROYO.UCK3 and in Flash!!!

So frustrating mine doesn't even compiled with the latest ver of TW Arrrgh!!!!![:x][:errr:]

Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-10

Mike,

What browser are you using on the Galaxy that is defaulting to .html5? Firefox doesn't support Flash with Android as yet, only HTML5

My tests show Flash working fine with the Galaxy S II with Android 2.4 and Flash 10.3

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-10

Mike, what ver of TW was this tour produced in? It plays fine on my Samsung, but my tours won't play on it... very interesting.

Only difference in your code is this line

so.addVariable("swfFile", "resources/weigel_tw6_final_13.swf");

What does this do?

Thanks Lee

latest TW

http://www.integritytours.com/tours/kb/1865blk/flash/TourWeaver_PineRidge_Black_0601.html

Prev version

http://www.integritytours.com/tours/kb/pineridge/flash/index.html

Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-10
Thank you all for testing & help,
I have no access nor more ro the devices, they where in a showroom in Panama-City and I used a time-gap to see if my pages are displayed correctly.

smooth:
bowser: i used the integrated browser and it looks like the TW-System detected it as as HTML5 device, but didnt show the pano

lee:
i used the TW 6.5 V 6.50.110519
just downloaded the latest version but didnt install it by now.
if it has more bugs than fixes (in this case) - let me know, i can get away with the older version without any pbroblem.
the mentioned line was put into the code by TW- i have no influence in that. it sets the variable to the swf- file as i see.
does the newer version have a problem with that ??

im on my way to get an android for myself- asus transformer i guess. that should be able to display correctly and also the flash in my gallery i hoe (360de.de).
maybe even java could be installed on that device.

ciao
mike
ciao

mike
360de.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-18

Dear mhc1

We are sorry that tw does not support Android currently but we will support it in the future.

Thank for your helpful test and suggestion.

Cheer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-20
That is at least something i can live with at the moment - hope that itll be updated asap.
Android has a remarkable amount in the German market and is about to grow fast.
Tablets are about to have iOS or Android only in the near future.
Thats why I would wish to have my images running on Andoid devices.

smooth & leescott:
which combination are you running (browser etc) ?
ill visit another showroom tomorrow - hope i can get access to my tours there, since a usb-stick wont do.
Ciao
Mike
ciao

mike
360de.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-20

Hello all... I've been messing around some designing a mini virtual tour that plays on my Android Incredible which runs Flash and have had some success.  The challenge is to design the tour images small enough for the phone to handle.  I only show people this as an example and have not sold any of these mobile device tours as yet, but this will be big eventually.

The hot buttons and arrows work fine but panning and tilting the scene with a finger on the screen is very touchy so you have to move the scene very very slowly because of the lagging response.  If the scene rotation go out of control, I advance it to the next scene.  I did not include a map, just the 360s.  Although my phones screen size is 480X800 I made the tour window size 400X200 which is quite low but the images don't look too bad.  When a non-judgemental person looks at the tour, they are quite please with the quality.  At this point, when the tour opens, I resize the tour to fit the window size of the phone.

Here is a link to the mini tour. Check it out: http://www.go360media.com/stjohnsmini

You can compare this mini tour to the origional.  There is a bit of a difference in quality so I wouldn't open this one on my phone unless I had a lot of time to waist watching it load: http://www.go360media.com/saintjohnsabbey

Enjoy! Tom

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-20

Tom very nice. What ver of TW are you using? And most importantly can you view my tours above on your Android?

What is the os on your device mine is a Samsung Infuse ver 2.2.1

BTW nice tour I see what you mean by having to resize the tour maybe some has code to resize to the screen size.

----
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-20

Hi Tom

Both of your mini tour and big tours are very impressive and beautiful ! Great job !

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

You need a Android based phone with at least a 600Mhz processor.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S II mobile phone. This phone has a 1.2Ghz processor (Dual 600Mhz) and will display monster Flash panoramas no problem at all.

I have the default Android browser and also Opera mobile browser and Firefox mobile installed. (Firefox Mobile doesn't yet support Flash). Opera and the default browsers do. BUT, just like on a computer you must install the Flash browser plug-in from Android Market (free download). So understand testing in a shop you might NOT have Flash installed on the phone.

Android is also capable of playing "compliant" HTML5 tours via any of the browsers I have mentioned (Default, Firefox and Opera mobile) but as yet Easypano Tourweaver/Panoweaver HTML5 is non compliant.

I my opinion Android is the future for mobile devices, phones, tablets etc. This is a market that will eclipse iDevices very quickly. I own both, the Samsung (Android) is miles ahead of the iPhone.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]