panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

leescott: I created my demo mini tour using TW Version 5.00.100701. 

My phone is the first Android Incredible not "2". Firmware is Android 2.2. Browser Version = WebKit 3.1, SD Card = 1.84GB, Internal Phone Storage = 6.6GB, Total Phone Memory = 748MB, Available Space = 517MB, Processor = 1GHz Snapdragon, Adobe Flash Player 10.1.92.10

I took a look at your first VT link you listed in your post on my main computer and it openned fine but on my phone what happened was: the load screen came up and I watched the loans bar, which took a couple minutes, then it flashed to your VT for less than a second, then it went to a white screen with a forward arrow in the middle. When I clicked the arrow the tour began loading again and again it flashed to your VT for less than a second then back to the arrow.

My advise would be to create a very small version with none of the extras, just the images, nav bar and maybe a title.  That's what I did and it does work, more or less, on mine, and others as well but being a flash application I'm don't think it will work on the iPhone until they get that straightened out.

mhc1:  I was able to load you tour: The load screen came up right away but it took few minutes to load.  The first image came up very sharp along with audio.  I tried moving the scene but the lag was huge and I had very little control.  Dinking around a bit the tour went to full-screen which I like but still a huge lag in moving the scene.  I clicked on a hot-button but the load time went on too long so I closed it out.  Again, try creating a mini tour as I did and see what happens.

cheer: Thanks for the complements.  Are you with Easypano?

Smooth: I agree with you about the Android phone being on top, at least for now, who know where this is heading.  Right now the big limitation any mobile phone has is the size of the screen.  Eventually there maybe a projection system built in that might enlarge the screen size, popping it out as a type of holographic image.. that would be cool.

Cheers!  Tom

www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

Lee,

Here are some screen captures of your tour on my Samsung Galaxy S II

Fullscreen vertical.

These are with the Android browser with Flash installed.

Here are some screen captures using Opera Mobile browser rotated horizontal fullscreen.

Here you can see I'm loading the next scene. Unfortunately the second scene overloads the phone leaving a white page. I'd say you have maxed the memory because of the file size.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

Tom,

Your tour screen captures.

As you can see this is not so great and the map button is far too small to get a click on easily.

Fullscreen opens the viewing up and I could navigate the tour.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21
Smooth,

I second every word of your opinion.
While HTML5 still enjoy some hype, the standards are not there yet and will not be available in the near future. Not to mention the tools for creators.
The future with Android devices and Flash looks a lot closer and brighter. As before, i'm not putting a lot of hopes into html5.

Best wishes,
Madmux
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21
Thanks all, I've re-done the tour for 3 formats

1. Flash (full screen capable)

2. Html Capable

3. Mobile Formatted -- no Full screen and set to 50% w/ 90% file compression

I've modified the script to check for Android (safari and then re-direct it to the mobile directory

var _bi=window.navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();

if(_bi.indexOf("iphone")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipad")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipod")>0) _url="html5/index.html";

else if(_bi.indexOf("safari")>0)_url="mobile/index.html";

else _url="flash/index.html";

We'll see........
** Update I think it works *****
Android and it loaded from the mobile directory
Pc loaded from the Flash Directory (full Screen capable)
Ipad loaded from html directory

Can I get someone else's verification?
Thanks Lee

Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21
check, what useragent string you are getting (user javascript alert function, alert(_bi); ).
Btw, i don't understand, why you are redirecting safari to mobile directory? How it differs from html5 or flash?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

madmux,

On my Samsung device it won't play Flash --- why --- I'm guessing because my files processed @ 8000x4000 , If I change the the publishing options to 40% then it will load, but if it has full screen enabled it maxes out the Mobile device. (see Smooth's post above)

So (IMHO) I made a copy of the tour utilize 40% with no Fullscreen published to folder called mobile and it works flawlessly...

I got this "(user javascript alert function, alert(_bi); )." from you that's how I knew it was coming up as a "safari" device.

I want Flash not HTML5 because I want do show the movie capabilities.

I will remove ths when I get the Android 3 OS which is suppose to be able to play Flash with out an issue on my particular device.

(Hope this makes sense)

So the code will play all 3 devices based on the script... [:D] Can you say MacGuyver

Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21
Well well - it's really interesting that Android browser is identified as Safari... Never thought about that :) Must be both (Andoid and Apple) browsers stem from the same browser engine.

Now i see the reasoning - very well done! For sure - there are a lot of reasons to use stripped tour version for mobile devices, even if they get more power in the near future.

Still, i think it is better to look for "Android" substring, because Safare users, using normal PC, will see the stripped version of the tour.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21
P.S. It might be offtopic, so if the moderator decides to delete it - let it be, but i made some research regarding mobile device browsers and i found one article that made me laugh a lot :) So, read it if you like and be very carefull about using useragent strings in this world of deception ;-)
P.P.S: And, yes, Leescot, your tour is being loaded from mobile directory if user is using Chrome on PC.

"... And then Google built Chrome, and Chrome used Webkit, and it was like Safari, and wanted pages built for Safari, and so pretended to be Safari. And thus Chrome used WebKit, and pretended to be Safari, and WebKit pretended to be KHTML, and KHTML pretended to be Gecko, and all browsers pretended to be Mozilla, and Chrome called itself Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13, and the user agent string was a complete mess, and near useless, and everyone pretended to be everyone else, and confusion abounded."
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-09-21

madmux...

lol very funny article "Who's on first"

The tour is not really scaled down (per se) just won't go full screen. But that's very interesting. I must see if there is something that will differentiate "Chrome and Safari) on the PC than on the mobile device. with the (user javascript alert function, alert(_bi); ). code...

----