panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-13

Simple instructions for adding a Flash Layer/Pop-Up Window.

Add a new Pop-Up Window:

1: Select Pop-Up Window (Tab)

2: Add New Pop-Up Window

3: Name New Pop-Up Window

4: Enter Size For New Pop-Up Window

Adjust Properties:

1: Assign your background image to the Pop-Up Window (or) add a .swf to the Pop-Up Window.

2: Anchor your Pop-Up Window into position.

3: Check box to (Hide Pop-Up Window Initially)

Add a button to control Pop-Up Window.

1: Switch to Main Window (Tab)

2: Add Button

3: Anchor Button Position

4: Click Manage Actions (un-numbered in screen shot)

Assign Button Actions

1: Add action to Button to Open/Close the Pop-Up Window

2: Select correct Pop-Up Window

3: Set to Target Azimuth

4: Anchor to desired position

Here is my sample of it working.

In my example I have set the button to open the pop-up window and added a transparent overlay to the pop-up window (full size) as a button to close. This means you can click anywhere on the Pop-Up Window to dismiss it.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Hi again Smooth - thanks as always for the great advice!!!  I've been trying to do as you suggest, but I'm running into trouble - probably at this point it due to the fact that I've saved and resaved and published and republished numerous times.  When I create the info page, I'm creating it at 1300x800 - I've tried it with a scene viewer (resized various times)and without.  I've tried publishing it in everyway possible - enable fullscreen and not.  Tried publishing as flash swf - flash auto - flash exe... you get my meaning I'm sure [:)]

When I hit the preview button - the contact page either shows up as half there and transparent on that half or the whole thing is crunched into the top left corner (and yes, I've clicked and unclicked the colour and no colour and I've tried anchoring in various positions when the middle didn't work).  What am I doing wrong??!!!  Other than (of course [:errr:] pulling my hair out!!!

You have been SO helpful so far, so I have tried figuring it out on my own for the last 24'ish hours, but...

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Hi Charlie,

First of all, 1300x800 is far to large for a pop-up screen. I would not exceed 975 in width as people viewing with lesser resolution (1024x768 and smaller) will run into major problems.

I would really need to see your full project files for an absolute answer.

Things you could try: 

• Save your project with a new name in a new folder.
  • Don't add the .swf in a scene viewer. But simply a .swf file into a sized layer that matches to native size of the .swf file.
  • You could simply add the information as a .jpg, .png image file etc. Even add it as a background image to the Pop-Up Window. 
  • I would start a new basic project and keep it very simple and add things and test as you go. Get the basic functions sorted and then compile your project.

If you want to upload and send me a link to your complete project files I can take a look and see if I can spot your issue.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Hi Smooth - thanks  - I understood everything but this "Don't add the .swf in a scene viewer. But simply a .swf file into a sized layer that matches to native size of the .swf file"

And in response to this "You could simply add the information as a .jpg, .png image file etc" - I need to keep the email links and website links as they are - would I need to do these links on for the example the .jpg popup window then?  I would prefer to keep it altogether, so that in the future it's very "easy" (used loosely at the moment) to add it into another tour for this same group of Realtors.

I'm not sure what all you need here, but here are the links that I think you need...

The contact info link:

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/cinfo_pageedit2/

And the tour:

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/Project11_3/

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

You need to .zip up the project folder including (all contents) and the .tw file so I can open it in Tourweaver. I need to download 1 single .zip file.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

My comment "Don't add the .swf in a scene viewer." was in response to whatever you were doing when you stated "- I've tried it with a scene viewer (resized various times)and without."

Until I see your build (project) file opened within Tourweaver on my computer, I cannot really guess as to what you have done.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Sorry [:oops:] - please see "full zipped"

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Hi Charlie,

Hmm, I'm not sure you have done a lot wrong. Only that the info splash .swf you have made you have made with Tourweaver and then wanted to display the standalone .swf file within a _flashvr tour. This doesn't appear to work. Had you made what you did in the separate tour for a (info page) within the tour proper, I think it would have worked the first time.

I have made some "starting" adjustments to your tour which you can download from this link. Hopefully this will help you along. I have set up three different options for email links. Graphic, Transparent Graphic and Text, just to show some different methods.

Like I said, 1300px is too wide and I have adjusted this. I get the feeling you are attempting to make the tour suit your own screen resolution. This is not an indication on what others with view your tour at. As I mentioned, all you really need to do is construct the info page within the tour itself (not a separate tour).

Apart from some alignment issue with the buttons (I adjusted) things seem to work ok.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-14

Smooth - you are VERY generous with your time - thank you very much!!  I see what you've done here, and I really appreciate it.  To explain a couple of things, I created the info page (tour) in tourweaver intentionally because I want to use it as a "standalone" link in my website as well as in the virtual tour - in other words - advertising the home for sale with the Realtor's info - AND advertising just the Realtor.  I've actually redesigned my "current tour" page in the website - although I don't have it online yet.  I finally realized that the flash page would be too tedious for most people to wait for loading time (if you remember, you mentioned that you didn't like it way back when - and I now definitely agree with you).  The new Current Tour page (when it is ready) will have a thumbnail view of the house - along side it will have 3 buttons - 1 for the tour - 1 to advertise the Realtor (this same page will also be in the tour, but catering to an ego is always well received - and great exposure for the Realtor) - and a 3rd button with either JUST the still shots or a popup feature sheet (haven't decided on this just yet).  Anyways, this is the reason I needed the standalone contact page and to also have BOTH interactive with the email and website links.

I should also explain, that I did try the 900x600 main window, but I found that when I previewed it with the still shots - in both actual size and best fit - it would cut off the top and bottom portions of the picture.  Anyways, I'm not sure WHAT would be the ideal size, so that this didn't happen - but you're right - I do have a tendency to design according to my own computer screen, because when I researched the browser statistics it said the 85% of users have a resolution higher than 1024x768 - so I thought I'd be ok with my current measurements - apparently not.  Do you think if I was to use those exact measurements - everything would work out better?  Or do you still swear by the 900x600?

Also - can you please have look at the tour link below - ignore the actual tour, as I have not made any of the adjustments needed.  If you could just click on the More Info button and tell me if this will work for what I need or if it won't and if not - the why - this was done with the javascript that I found somewhere in these threads - and on my computer it works very well.  My tour window remains open and the contact info page pops open in a new window and then the email links and the website links are SUPPOSED TO open in yet another window - I guess I'll have to do something with that (iframe or whatever). 

I didn't really understand before, why this wouldn't work. 

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/wilson_tm/the_ruby_kil674/_auto/flash/Caylex_the_ruby_kil674.html

As I'm sure you can tell... I'm REALLY trying to avoid having to insert ALL of their information, everytime I do a tour or use a page in my site.  Thanks again for ALL of your help!!!!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-01-15

Hi Charlie,

I think the answer for you is to build your "non tour" Flash page with another Flash building program that Tourweaver "likes" as an import .swf to use on your info layer.

Take a look at all the range from www.increditools.com Flash Demo Builder in particular. Also all there slideshow software is compatible with Tourweaver. Prices are fair for this software and the company has been around for a long time. Play with a trial version! Here is a sample using their slideshow (first slide button) comparing Tourweaver slideshow (2nd slide button).

I took a look at your tour at your request. Clicking the "info" button opens a new page (or tab). It will depend on how the viewer has set up their browser preferences and what browser they are actually using to view the tour. It works, yes. But there are limiting factors. When I clicked the website URL within this, it opened in the "same" page, not a new one. Whether that is just a coding issue or not, you would have to check. It should be _blank for a new window/tab as apposed to _self.

As for sizing, you really do need to cater for the lowest standard. I still think 1024x768 is pretty common. You say not and perhaps this is now true. But what happens "if" somebody does view your tour with a lesser screen resolution and clicks a button that launches a page or layer larger than the screen resolution and you can't find the close option because it is off screen? This is another reason I like to have a click anywhere on to dismiss option.

Regards, Smooth [8D]