refresher... please Smooth :)
Morning Smooth - hope I catch you on time. I've been attempting to shorten the urls as we spoke about in our last conversation, but I'm getting stuck a bit. I am publishing with the "auto flash/html5", so I want both to work. I've been able to eliminate a few folders, but I'm wondering if it's even possible to eliminate the _auto folder to make the name that much shorter. I think you said it was when we spoke... but everytime I do this - I get my friend to check on their iphone and it doesn't work... I need the tours to work on both - iphone/pad AND computer.
so if I have a link such as this... (the link is broken btw - just using as an example)
- is it possible to shorten it even further to this...
AND have it work for both the iphone/pad AND a regular computer?
These were the steps I took (if the link were real)...
1. publish "auto flash/html5)
2. open _auto folder and delete the .html file titled... Caylex_calais_bbrook_1633
3. open flash folder - rename needed .html to index.html
4. cut and paste all files from this folder into _auto folder - delete the now empty flash folder|
5. open html5 folder - rename needed .html to index.html
6. go back into the _auto folder - cut the html5 folder and ALL of the files previously in the flash folder and past into the "wilson" folder (the above non-working link)
I'm trying to follow the instructions we spoke about, but I'm having a problem somewhere - and I'm not sure IF you can even eliminate the _auto folder...??? I should also mention, that as I'm looking through these threads - I've noticed that others are attempting to make the tour work on the iphone and running into trouble - so I suppose it's possible that I'm doing this all right and there's something else wrong...
Thanks as always Smooth! :)